Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tea As Regularly Determined In Strength.


From:  Chelsey
To:  Sid
I hope you liked the mug. I went on your like of tea and some side commentary about Dr Who. I asked a few people who said “Go with Star Trek” but felt that may be a bit out of my realm of knowledge. =)
Chelsey
With the holiday season upon us, my department at work once again conducted its annual Christmas pot luck luncheon and Secret Santa gift exchange.  Now, previously the anonymous Saint Nicks of my workplace have been thoughtful enough to show a strong sympathy regarding my area of interest - in other words, I've gotten a well-considered selection of geek-appropriate gifts, ranging from science fiction Christmas decorations to technological marvels from Wallace and Gromit.

This year was no exception - I received a marvellous Doctor Who TARDIS mug, complete with a small container of English Afternoon Tea (presumably to distinguish it from English Breakfast Tea.)  The mug is more than adequately large - I like a large tea mug - and the police box imitation is made complete by the addition of a removable lid.

I'm actually a little reluctant to actually use it as a mug, in case something unfortunate happens during the dish washing process.  On the other hand, it would certainly be pleasant to be sipping a mug of TARDIS tea during the Doctor Who Christmas episode this year, as Matt Smith performs his final turn as the Doctor.  I suppose that time will tell (so to speak).
- Sid

P.S. As you might gather from Chelsey's e-mail, my Secret Santa experienced fail on the "secret" part.  Chelsey is temping as an admin assistant with my department right now, and obviously suffers from the ongoing Star Trek curse which has afflicted so many of the people involved with that role. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool gifts are always a pleasant surprise, especially those that are also useful. It's nice that people take the time to find out what you might actually LIKE. Rather than "This person in my gift list is # years old, such-and-such gender and ethnicity, and should therefore like to receive....x y z".

    ReplyDelete