Monday, March 28, 2016

Is it okay to call you Bill?


 

Hey!

HEY!

HELLO? 

HI, EVERYBODY!  IT'S ME, SID!  ANY RICH SCIENCE FICTION FANS OUT THERE WHO WANT TO PAY ME TO DO THIS?  SOMEBODY LIKE BILL GATES MAYBE?

Seriously, I'd love to do this for a living - it would be great to be able to dedicate a lot more time to The Infinite Revolution, I'm constantly trying to balance my desire to do blog postings with everything else in my life! 

I'd treat it as a full time job, and I'd be happy to do at least one post every day - maybe more if inspiration strikes, and to be honest, inspiration strikes more often than I have opportunity to take advantage of it - at least in a timely fashion, I have a long list of stale draft postings that will never see the light of day. 

Sadly, I doubt that anyone other than someone like Mr. Gates would be in a position to pay me a living wage for blogging - where would the payback be?  Right now it's a pretty casual thing, although that would certainly change if this was my full-time career.  After all, right now I make no effort to market this site, because it's just a hobby, and as such I rather enjoy not having to take it seriously.

However, if someone wanted a proven level of readership in exchange for their contribution, I'd certainly want it to be worth their while, and I'd branch out to Twitter™ and Instagram™ in order to start building an audience.

So, if there are any would-be patrons of the arts out there, drop me a line and we'll talk.  Especially you, Bill, I'd be happy to swing down to Washington State and discuss this over lunch - my treat.
- Sid

(Sorry, just some wishful thinking, the last few weeks have been a little over the top in terms of workload...)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sid,

    Let's talk. I am going to be in town next week sometime. Let's meet up at Hy's (my favorite place in town) for lunch.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Bill - I assume I really can call you Bill? - I won't lie to you, I'm a bit surprised to get a response. I'm also a bit surprised by your choice of meeting spots, given the statements you've made about meat and the future of the planet, but that's something we can talk about in person when you're here.

    As you might imagine, I'm reluctant to post personal contact info on here, so it might be easiest if one of your staff looked me up on LinkedIn and contacted me at work to arrange a time. Looking forward to meeting you!
    - Sid

    ReplyDelete