Saturday, July 30, 2011

THIS is a science fiction shark - see the difference?



Ah, I see that the Space Channel is showing Jaws tonight, look at that!

Sigh...okay...I'm only going to say this once...

HEY!!!!   SPACE CHANNEL!!!  JAWS IS NOT A SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE!!  A MOVIE ABOUT A BIG SHARK THAT EATS PEOPLE IS NOT SCIENCE FICTION!!!! 
  
QUESTIONS?  

NO?  

GOOD!!  DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN!!

- Sid

August 14th update:  goddamnit, it's even in their pre-movie lead-in!  Am I missing something here?  Does Captain Quint suggest that the shark is a mutant, or something?

6 comments:

  1. You don't actually think they read this do you, or did you send them an email with the posting on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have no illusions that anyone at the Space Channel is sitting down on a regular basis to see what I think about things, it's purely rhetorical.

    However, the last time that I DID e-mail the good people at Space (http://theinfiniterevolution.blogspot.com/2007/07/not-that-i-have-anything-against-nicole.html) in addition to the regular "Thanks for your e-mail" autoreply, I was surprised to receive a polite, vaguely apologetic response from the Director of Programming. Hmmm...maybe I should e-mail them again, obviously they've forgotten what I said the last time.
    - Sid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, in the spirit of hypotheticals, WHAT IF a WS 103 had shown up on the beach to start terrorizing the locals?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The answer to that question can be taken directly from the movie:

    "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

    - Sid

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always thought of jaws as a monster movie

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only objection to the classification of Jaws as a monster movie is that, by and large, the creatures in monster movies tend to have an element of the fantastic in their origins. As far as I know, there's no suggestion that the shark is anything other than just a damn big fish that's wandered into the neighbourhood.

    - Sid

    ReplyDelete